Monday, May 7, 2012

Energy Turning



Energy Turning
KENY10D-175
March 23, 2010


As much as I love the outdoors, I also love protecting it, and that means (in one respect) the pursuit of alternative energy.  I will not jump on my soapbox this morning, but instead show  quick image I took while in Kenya, working with traditional healers and medicinal plants.  We went out to do some light harvesting and inventorying and there was a row of huge wind turbines (the van we took is at the lower left for comparison) on the ridge above Nairobi.  These large generators were slowly turning in the afternoon breezes as we worked, the clouds rolling by to provide a backdrop to their pursuit of clean energy.  Enjoy.

Technical notes:
Camera: NIkon D80
Lens: Nikon 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6
Focal length: 18 mm
Exposure: 1/2500   f/3.5   ISO 400
Post-processing: Toning and curves adjustment in PS4 and LR

No comments:

Post a Comment