Friday, January 27, 2012

Ready for the Trail

Ready for the Trail
NCAR10D-183
April 3, 2010

I'm getting impatient for spring to arrive, and want to get out on the trail again.  This isn't the most artistic image, from my first spring in NC when I went off-trail in Pisgah National Forest for a couple days near Easter, using the smallest reasonable pack I had at my disposal.  I've since gone back to my normal bag, an REI Valhalla, knowing that with the equipment I bring (especially for photography), such a small backpack isn't really feasible.  I'm anxious to be out on the trail with this weather, with my girlfriend and wonderful hiking partner Sarah, to show her some of the fun of backpacking in the wilderness.  Even on the East Coast :)  Enjoy.

Technical notes:
Camera: NIkon D80
Lens: Nikon 28-135 mm f/3.5-5.6
Focal length: 105 mm
Exposure: 1/200   f/4.5 
Post-processing: Small toning and curves adjustment in PS

No comments:

Post a Comment