Monday, January 30, 2012

Emerging Texture

Emerging Texture
FLOW08D-12
August 19, 2008

This image comes from the University of Illinois Arboretum, a beautiful pink flower just budding out into the world.  I like the emergence of the image, though I decided to do some post-processing manipulation, playing around with textures from Flickr user Playingwithbrushes (many thanks to her for allowing me to use her backdrops).  I don't usually go for that kind of look, but the rough edge is something that is very nice, and can add the right kind of quality to the right photo.  Let me know what you think, and enjoy.
 

Technical notes:
Camera: NIkon D80
Lens: Nikon 105 mm f/2.8 macro
Focal length: 105 mm
Exposure: 1/200   f/4.5 
Post-processing: Texture,toning and curves adjustment in PS

No comments:

Post a Comment