Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Crystals of Cold

Crystals of Cold
BERK07D-15
January 14, 2007

My first winter with a digital camera, I was stationed up in the hills of Tilden Park on the eastern side of Berkeley.  While the bay area isn't known for winter wonderland status, a very cold morning allowed me to track some small macro shots of ice crystals formed on the vegetation.  They weren't the perfect crystals you come to think of for winter ice, but they were beautiful, tracing the major veins of the leaf.  I love the out of focus areas of the image, despite my general hatred of those silly tilt-shift photographs, cuase here it concentrates you to a slim section of the leaf.  Enjoy.

Technical notes:
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: Nikon 105 f/2.8
Focal length:  105 mm
Exposure: 1/13 @ f/8, ISO 200
Post-processing: Cropped down with contrast and tone adjustment, sharpening in PS4 & LR1.4

No comments:

Post a Comment