Thursday, May 10, 2012

Flags over Peaceful Water



Flags over Peaceful Water
BHUT10D-250
November 19, 2010


Hopping over a bit, today we revisit Bhutan, and the set of prayer flags that drape over the pond at the Royal Botanical Garden (which is more like a National Park).  Prayer flags are always supposed to be situated close to the water, and this long string is positioned right over the water, creating a beautiful mirror image in the placid lake.  I struggled whether to do this image in black and white or color... I like the color of the prayer flags, but the light isn't too spectacular.  So I'm posting it in monochrome for the moment, perhaps I'll go back and also post the color version so you all can let me know which you prefer.  But, in the meantime, enjoy.

Technical notes:
Camera: NIkon D80
Lens: Nikon 18-105 mm f/3.5-5.6
Focal length: 40 mm
Exposure: 1/100   f/6.3   ISO 400
Post-processing: Toning and curves adjustment in PS4 and LR

No comments:

Post a Comment