Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Dreary Badlands



The Dreary Badlands
SDAK09D-55_pan
July 4, 2009

A stark contrast from yesterday's cheerful, sunny panorama, today we see the storm-clouded side of the Badlands, which I think really highlights their name.  This storm rolled through, as this panorama was taken just a day after my arrival in the Badlands (when yesterday's image was composed).  But this expanse, with the scraggly green dotted here and there, but dominated by the unending brown, desolate-looking landscape.  In a way it reminds me of my shot at the travertine terraces of Yellowstone, which also exudes this lonely aura.  All the same, I like the moodiness, so enjoy.

Technical notes:
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: NIkon 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6
Focal length:  18 mm
Exposure: 1/60 @ f/16  ISO 100
Post-processing: Minor tone adjusted with PS 4 and LR 1.4.

No comments:

Post a Comment