Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Storm Clearing

Storm Clearing
NCAR10D0332
August 10, 2010

My apologies for missing yesterday; some unfortunate automobile trouble kept me away for most of the day and the post didn't get up.  And tonight, it stormed, one of those glorious spring storms that crackles with energy, the rain pulsing down in torrents.  I love those sorts of storms, they're my favorite.  I do miss seeing the sky turn green, as it did in Illinois, the sign of major storm-age to come.  This image is after the storm, as the clouds broke before sunset and the skies parted.  It is a refreshing, relaxing image to my way of thinking, just the thing after a long ragin' storm.  Enjoy.

Technical notes:
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: Nikon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6
Focal length:  31 mm
Exposure: 1/400 @ f/8   ISO 400
Post-processing: Minor tone adjusted with PS 4 and LR 1.4.

No comments:

Post a Comment