Monday, March 12, 2012

The Skittish Giraffe



The Skittish Giraffe
KENY10D-57
March 14, 2010

Keeping with the animal theme for one more day, this time we depart the scary predators of last week's submissions and instead take a gander at the gentle giants I was able to witness in Kenya, when I was there 2 years ago. On the outskirts of Nairobi, this guy was munching along, oblivious to most of what was going on around him. However, the sound of our transport really perked him up, and he was terrified as we slowed down to get a better look. This giraffe was very skittish, not too enthralled at the prospect of being watched or being near people. But he held still long enough to get a couple shots. As I didn't have a very long lens with me, I preferred to shoot the giraffe against the backdrop of acacia trees, I thought it added a nice context to the photo. Enjoy.


Technical notes:
Camera: NIkon D80
Lens: Nikon 80-200 mm f/2.8
Focal length: 185 mm
Exposure: 1/1250   f/4.5   ISO 200
Post-processing: Toning and curves adjustment in PS4

No comments:

Post a Comment