Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Morning Forest Light

Morning Forest Light
NCAR10D-208
April 4, 2010

Today's image is a bit different from others, in several ways.  First, it was shot on the fly and through the fly.  Waking up in my tent, I decided I liked the angle and just grabbed my camera and snapped away.  Reviewing it in the LCD, I didn't think much of it but left it on the card.  Since then I've grown to like its spontaneous atmosphere, the texture that shooting through the screen gave the image, and the silhouettes of the rhododendrons that surrounded my camp that night.  It is not a technically gifted image, but one that has a lot of elements going for it.  Enjoy.

Technical notes:
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: Nikon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6
Focal length:  18 mm
Exposure: 1/125 @ f/3.5   ISO 100
Post-processing: Minor tone adjusted with PS 4 and LR 1.4.

No comments:

Post a Comment