Friday, February 24, 2012

Outside Magazine: My Toughest Shot

In Outside magazine, they interviewed 15 different photographers on the topic of their "toughest shot."  The photographers had a variety of responses, and each of the images was unique and distinct.  My personal favorite was from Paolo Marchesi, who had this to say about his image of kangaroos:
I was on a beach in New South Wales, Australia, in 2008, looking for surf, when I happened on a group of kangaroos. One had babies in her pouch. I followed her for maybe 20 minutes, taking photos, getting within six feet of her when she suddenly jump-kicked me. The blow made me click the camera and I got this photo. After that, I stayed pretty far away.

 I like how his image has such a dynamic quality.  Never mind the fact that it was taken by accident, sometimes serendipity plays as much a role in photography as careful planning.  You never know where the shutter will take you.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment