Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hidden Predator

Hidden Predator
YELL050116
September 2005

Again beckoning from the fabulous Yellowstone National Park, the picture of this coyote while hiking was tremendous.  He was more scared of me than I of him, and quickly departed, but not after I was able to nab this quick image of him in the grasses.  I love how his dun-colored coat blends in so well with the drying autumn grass all around him.  Were he laying or crouching, it is possible I would have trumped on by without giving him a second glance, an enviable position to be in if you are a predator.  Enjoy.
 

Technical notes:
Camera: NIkon N80
Film: Fuji Velvia 50
Lens: Nikon 80-200 mm f/2.8
Focal length: 125 mm
Exposure: 1/200   f/4.5 
Post-processing: Scanned using a Nikon Coolscan 5000, slight texture,toning and curves adjustment in PS4

No comments:

Post a Comment