Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Verdant Semuc Champey

The Verdant Semuc Champey
GUAT07D-190
July 3, 2007

I've been thinking a lot about Central America of late, as you can tell from my posts.  I was going to give it up for a time, but there is a plan to head back to the region later this year, for the first real vacation I've had in a couple years, and with a special traveling companion.  We're thinking of Costa Rica at the moment, it's relatively close, warm, with lots of outdoors adventures to partake.  So, if you're reading this and have ideas of what to do, let me know!
Today's image is a companion to the Semuc Champey valley scene I showed a couple weeks ago.  Moving down from El Mirador, we traversed the steep slopes down to the aqua pools, and came upon these beautiful swimming and bathing holes.  I was lucky to nab this shot of the relatively clear and calm water before bathers took over.  I like the colors in this image, it gives an idea of how green and lush the valley, and the jungle in general, look, and the water being so vibrantly aqua-green itself (no Photoshop color tweaking needed). Enjoy.


Technical notes:
Camera: NIkon D80
Lens:Nikon 18-135 f/3.5-5.6
Focal length: 18mm
Exposure: 1/3 f/22 ISO 200
Post-processing: Toning and curves adjustment in PS4

No comments:

Post a Comment