Friday, January 13, 2012

Things Bears Love

Something a bit lighter to help ease the superstitions of this Friday the 13th.  I have been trying to think of ways that I can incorporate more travel into this blog, more of the "wandering" that is in the title.  And I'm still working on that.  So if you have suggestions, let them fly.  I've thought about doing segments on destinations I have visited, or want to visit, offering my opinions on the matter with some photos and ideas.  That might work.  We'll see.

Anyhow, today is about safety in the backcountry.  I am a big lover of all things outdoors, from kayaking to snowshoeing to backpacking.  But, one thing that you should always be aware of are bears.  They can be cute and cuddly, but also downright deadly.  And, as this helpful infographic demonstrates from http://www.thingsbearslove.com/, there are some things bears love more than others.  So be careful, watch out for the fabric stores and those girl scouts!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment