Thursday, December 15, 2011

What's in My Bag?

What's in My Bag?
BHUT10D-1
November 9, 2011

I've always enjoyed seeing other people's constructions of what is in their purse/shoulder bag/carryall.  It is a window into who they are, in a way.  While I do not habitually carry a purse or murse, any daily recreations of these images are impossible.  So, in preparation for my trip to Bhutan & Thailand last year, I figured I'd try my own while packing.  Leading a workshop in Bhutan for a week and a mini-vacation in the Thai jungles afterwards required a good amount of smart packing so I could stay light on the planes, trains, and automobiles.  Here are the essential gear that was packed (not including clothes or work-related equipment). 

Most of it is camera-related, which should come as no surprise, since photography is a guiding passion in my life, and I wanted to take this opportunity to really land some solid images (some of which have already been posted on, here and here).  The rest covers a smattering of useful products that I carry with me when traveling: a knife, water bottle (plus purification tabs when traveling internationally, just in case), passport, and carabiners.  These guys are useful far beyond their normal climbing capacity, lashing bags together, holding tripods to your side, or just general gear tasks.  Wouldn't leave home without one.  Enjoy.


Technical notes:
Camera: Olympus SP560UZ
Lens: n/a
Focal length:n/a
Exposure:n/a
Post-processing: Desaturation, toning, curves adjustment in PS4

No comments:

Post a Comment