Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Misty Jungle

The Misty Jungle
ECUA08D-200
January 22, 2008

Ecuador has been a lot on my mind recently.  It was the place that launched a lot of my current research interests, and gave me a brief glimpse of what ethnobotany and natural products held for me.  It is also my aim to get back there, and I'm working a couple different funding angles to return and explore more of this gorgeous land.  But this shot was looking at the cloud jungles for which Ecuador is partially famous.  These mid-elevation forests blanket the hills before giving way to the paramo (more on that later this week), and yet above (and thus cooler) than the low-elevation jungle to the east, the western edges of the Amazon.  And they are breathtaking to see, in the morning, in the fog of the mist of the rain which is never far away.  Enjoy.

Technical notes:
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: Nikon 18-135 f?3.5-5.6
Focal length:  18 mm
Exposure: 1/2 @ f/16 ISO 400
Post-processing: Minor tone adjusted with PS 4 and LR 1.4.

No comments:

Post a Comment