Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The End of the Day


The End of the Day
THOR09D-83
July 11, 2009

The closing of a long day over the badlands of North Dakota.  After hiking, sightseeing, and train chasing, this day concluded with puffy white clouds over the dun hillsides, the sun lengthening the shadows.  I was pleasantly surprised at how the badlands looked, and the Dakotas in general impressed me.  While a lot of it is rolling hills and farmland, as I expected, these badlands, with their Bryce Canyon-esque tiers and canyons, were a joy to explore.  I hope to get back there some day, and who knows what else I will uncover.  Enjoy.


Technical notes:
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6
Focal length:  20 mm
Exposure: 1/100 @ f/16, ISO 100
Post-processing: Cropped down with slight contrast and tone adjustment, sharpening in PS4 & LR1.4

No comments:

Post a Comment