Monday, October 3, 2011

Peach Globes


Peach Globes
FOOD10D-3
July 21, 2010

For some reason, as fall approaches, I get the urge to cook.  Maybe it is the changing weather, the coolness of the day makes me feel like turning on an oven (though I do a fair bit of grilling in the summertime), or maybe it is lower light levels.  Who knows.  But whatever the reason, this weekend I hit the kitchen hard, and thus this week I'll be digging out photos, some old, some new, of food.  Some that I've made, some that I've traveled to find, some that have found me.  While this blog has been primarily nature photography, which is one of my over-riding passions, I cannot deny that I have a powerful attachment to food and cooking and food.  

To kick off the week, we have these peaches.  Southern peaches are a summer fruit, and there is no better flavor than fresh peaches.  Well, perhaps grilled and slathered over ice cream.  That's pretty darn good too.  These three, even a year later, I remember as probably the best peaches that I've ever had.  Soft, juicy, with a bright flavor that burst in your mouth.  And hopefully this photo does them some justice.  Enjoy.

Technical notes:
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: Nikon 105 f/2.8 micro
Focal length: 105 mm
Exposure: 1/8 sec @ f/3.2 ISO 100
Post-processing: Tone adjusted with LR 1.4

No comments:

Post a Comment