Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall Apple Chicken Diptych


Fall Apple Chicken Diptych
FOOD11D-84_dip
October 1, 2011

To wrap up this week of food delights, which has been really rewarding for me (and I will probably return to this theme again in the future), we go to the newest creation out of my kitchen.  Fall conjures up, to me, ovens, squash, and apples.  While there are no squash in this scene, I took the apples and chicken and combined them, roasting it in the oven with the sliced apples to give it a great flavor.  The chicken and apples also had cinnamon, which gave the dish an almost Middle Eastern flavor.  Were I to include apricots and raisins in lieu of apples, then it would be Moroccan in nature.  As it was, however, it was delish.

The image itself was combined as a diptych, a before and after scene.  I like the ingredients all laid out before hand, showing them off in their raw quality, and then contrasting it with the browned, complete dish at the end.  Both images had a sort of Lomo-esque look applied to them before finally constructing the image.  Enjoy!

Technical notes:
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: Nikon 18-135 f/3.5-5.6
Focal length:  var.
Exposure: var. ISO 400
Post-processing: Tone adjusted with PS 4 and LR 1.4, final assembly of diptych created in PS 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment