Monday, October 24, 2011

Dead Man's Tree


Dead Man's Tree
ILLN08D-372
November 3, 2008

First, my apologies.  The vagaries of grad school and life caught up with me, and I was unable to hook up five images to post last week.  So I lost some time.  However, now we're back, with all new images.  With Halloween quickly approaching, I was flipping back through the archive to see what there was from years past.  And this image, with the ghosts hanging from the tree, seemed to fit perfectly.  I love the slight hint of motion in this image, a whispy notion for the ghosts fluttering there in the tree.  And it works well in black and white.  Enjoy.

Technical notes:
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: Nikon 50 f/1.4
Focal length:  50 mm
Exposure: 20 sec @ f/8 ISO 100
Post-processing: Desaturated, minor tone adjusted with PS 4 and LR 1.4.

No comments:

Post a Comment