Thursday, September 22, 2011

Silhouette of Golden Fall


Silhouette of Golden Fall
ILLN08D-364
November 4, 2008

I am becoming very impatient for fall.  Today actually dawned gray, cloudy, rainy, and a bit foggy, which made a nice walk to work, and reminded me of fall and winter in the bay area.  However, one of the great things about living in NC is the opportunity to see some actual color changes when fall finally does rear its head.  And so I've been patiently waiting, counting down the days and checking trees whenever I go running.  But in my thirst for golden-hued leaves, I went digging for this image from when autumn was in full swing in Illinois, the trees illuminated at night from the lamppost.  Enjoy.

Technical notes:
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: Nikon 50 f/1.4
Focal length:  50 mm
Exposure: 3 sec @ f/4.5, ISO 100
Post-processing: Minor contrast and tone adjustment, sharpening in PS4 & LR1.4

No comments:

Post a Comment