Friday, August 26, 2011

Flying to the Summer Sky

Flying to the Summer Sky
ILLN07D-45
August 12, 2007

Following up the post from last week of the Santa Monica Ferris wheel, today's image comes from the Illinois State Fair a few years back.  I was attracted to this scene because of its levity.  the kids, spinning around and around in the chain-linked chairs, give off that vibe of youthful energy and possibility.  Adding in the lone clouds makes it seem even more like they're flying, escaping the summer and taking to the air.  And the monochrome just fit perfectly, with good contrast in the scene.  It was not my favorite image when I first was cataloging everything, but as I look at it more and more, I like the imagery and the feeling that it invokes.

Technical notes:
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: Nikon 18-135 f/3.5-5.6
Focal length:  28 mm
Exposure: 1/200 sec @ f/8, ISO 100
Post-processing: Desaturation, minor curves adjustment in PS4 & LR1.4

No comments:

Post a Comment